Who else is loving Riley Keough’s amazing colour transformation from blonde to copper red?
With the most famous musician in the world as her grandfather (ah yes… Elvis Presley), and now fronting the Bonds Hipster Lacies campaign as the Summer 2013 ambassador, there’s no escaping the limelight.
RED HAIR IS DEFINITELY HAVING ITS MOMENT IN THE SPOTLIGHT. BUT IS IT RIGHT FOR YOU?
Red hair is perfect if you love to stand out from the crowd and you’re willing to put lots of love and care into maintaining your colour.
Red Hair may not be the right choice if:
• Your skin is on the pink side – Bolder, brighter reds can cause your complexion to look uneven and blotchy
• You’re a wallflower – red hair will walk into the room before you do. If you are a typically understated person, red hair might be a bit over-the-top for you, and your look.
• Your hair needs to be in fairly good condition to hold onto the vibrancy of the colour – Condition is a key factor in the life of all hair colours. Bright tones, including reds, can suffer and look wish-washy unless a good care regiment is followed.
How to be the best redhead:
1. Wash your hair as infrequently as possible. Ideally this would mean twice a week, with warm water (not steaming hot).
2. Avoid harsh shampoos. Deep cleansing shampoos will accelerate the fading process by weeks. Opt for a colour safe shampoo like Keratsase Chroma Sensitive or Chroma Riche.
3. Use a Revlon NutriColour cream at home once a week. This 3 in 1 treatment adds shine, tone and gloss to coloured hair and is perfect for keeping fashion shades like reds and coppers intense in between salon visits.
4. Cover up. Red hair pigment oxidises faster than any other. If you’re going to spend a lot of time outdoors or in the water (beach or chlorine), use a styling product that contains UV filters. We love the Kerastase Soleil range.