Once regarded as a passing trend, we now know unicorn hair is here to stay – and why wouldn’t it be? These shades aren’t found in nature – think stunning teals, pinks, mints, lilacs, lemon yellow, peaches.
We are used to seeing these colours on celebrities/bloggers/influencers, on the runways and music festival circuits, but we’re now seeing pastels hit the mainstream in a big way.
Ok, so most of us can’t pull off full neon unicorn hair, but think soft pastels in a foil, balayage or a colour melt. Even our most corporate guests are jumping on the band wagon and adding a subtle pink foil to their blondes, or toning with a pretty rose gold or peach.
Anyone can be a unicorn, but which is the right hue for you…… As always, we look to your skin tone and eye colour
Fair cool skin – pinks and peaches
Fair warm skin- lavender or aqua
Medium cool skin – amethyst or ruby
Medium warm skin – dark sapphire or emerald
Tempted to join the trend? What you need to know 1st…
- You will most certainly need to pre-lighten your natural hair unless you are blessed with naturally platinum tresses. This may take a number of applications depending on your natural level
- Condition is paramount – make sure you are using Olaplex $40 throughout the lightening process to maintain the integrity of the hair. Porous and damaged hair can lead to an uneven tone and poor durability
- Kevin Murphy Fresh Hair (dry shampoo) $40 and RE-STORE $55 will be your new best friends. Try only shampooing once a week with a colour safe shampoo like Redken Color Extend Magnetics $31. Then use Re-store and your dry shampoo for the remainder of the week. RE-STORE is a repairing cleansing treatment that will help your pastel colour hold out
- Use a toned conditioner at home to top up your pastel shade. As much as we love the pastel trend, you are definitely going to be spending extra time to keep your new color. Deeper pastel colours will last a bit longer, but true pastels don’t have great longevity. Try Revlon NCC $25 or Evo Fabuloso Pro customised conditioner $40
- Minimise hot showers and use of hot styling tools
Call us on 92472233 to book a complementary colour consultation with one of our Colour Specialists.